Thursday, March 3, 2011

Posterous - Post it!


Posterous is one of my favorite cloud based services that holds great potential in the classroom setting.   Posterous exists on my iOS, Android mobile devices as well as my computers (OSX and Win7).   What exactly is Posterous?   

The site provides integrated micro-blogging services to users and is an expert at molding audio, video and pictures of any format for web consumption.  

Posterous allows uses to create their own customized web site that includes text and other media.  Actually, any type of media out there can be uploaded to Posterous for viewing online.  A neat feature of the service is its tight social integration with other services.  Do you want your Posterous webpost to automatically link to Facebook, Flickr, Twitter or other web services?  No problem.   

I actually use Posterous as my primary photo posting service.  Not only do I have an active photo sharing site via my mobile devices and web browser, the same photos are sent to my Facebook and Twitter Accounts automatically. 

Recently a new service was introduced using a Groups approach.  The same great features of Posterous for individual users are now accessible via a controlled group of members.  I can even see using a Posterous Group Site as a classroom webpage or other instructional resource.   

Posterous has a great simple design, available and every major computing and mobile platform and is best of all free to use. 


Screenshot of Posterous.com

No comments:

Post a Comment